Above: Photo by Previous Owner.
The above photos chronicle my e30 engine bay from it’s condition under the previous owner to now. I’ve learned a lot from working on this car (doing work myself and payers others to do what I can’t) but I wouldn’t do it the same way again. But I can say with pride that this is finally becoming the car I wish I’d bought in the first place.
- Replaced K&N air filter with stock air box to pass smog and plug vacuum leaks
- Replaced radiator with e36 radiator
- All new hoses, belts and gaskets
- Replaced leaking AFM to throttle body boot
- Cleaned throttle body
- Replaced air flow meter with remanufactured unit
- Painted washer fluid container
- Replaced distributor cap, rotor, wire set and ignition coil
- Replaced 235,150 mile m20 motor with 75,864 mile m20 motor
- Installed powder coated valve cover and intake manifold
- Engine bay and accessories cleaned, paint freshened
- Donor motor cleaned and painted